This is a full front view. The beads are from neck to floor and the fur is a 2″ width pinned on. The over dress is lined in cotton and the bottom band is of linen (blue to carry on the Theme of Trimaris colors).
Here you see a picture of the lower back of the gown. The beading is done with the outline of a V to avoid sitting on any beads. The upper back is also lacking beads for the same reason. This would not have occurred if I had not sat on one of the beaded pieces and decided this was not a good feeling. It also would put more wear and tear on those beads.. And after the time it took to do this it would be unlikely that it would be repaired quickly.. 🙂
Now to give you some close ups of the beading itself…
This post has been inspired because this dress was recently pulled out of the closet and worn with the blue cotehardie under-dress.. “wow” I really need to finish this off correctly. As I took out the rings lacing on the cotehardie (pics to follow) i was amazed how much I have learned and how many mistakes I made. As the tedious job of taking apart all the hand stitches thoughts of how could I have entered this in GW open competition as a work in progress…. Though the comments were encouraging and getting both yellow and white bead made me happy now that I have moved forward it is obvious how much growing has occurred in two years. Now comes the “refurbishment” of this ensemble.. The Triskels need to be added to the blue band, eyelets need to be handsewn down the back of the cotehardie, and the fur needs to be applied differently. So with fur flying and seam ripper in action lets see what happens….